View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Turn

Villain's check makes it more likely that he has complete air, a weakish one pair type hand that he wants a cheap showdown with, or a strangely played draw that just lost a great deal of equity. So I'm asking myself how do I get the most value out of my hand which is probably pretty far ahead.

There are multiple ways to play this turn. I lean towards checking behind and conceding the draws because villain took a fairly nonstandard line on the flop if he has a draw with the hopes that I'll induce a bluff on the river from air/busted draws or a value bet/call of my river value bet. If we bet out the turn we fold out a lot of weakish hands that are afraid that they'll be faced with a bet on the river that they can't call and we make it less likely that they will bluff because it costs them such a big portion of their stack to put us to a decision given the pot size.

So given how I played this turn, my plan would be to call a bet on the river or to value bet when checked to on pretty much any river card.