View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Stars PLO8 Tournament $5000 Guaranteed

[ QUOTE ]
I was the overwhelming chip leader in this tourney with 7 tables to go...Got chopped down into the middle of the pack when I tried to isolate a short stack with QQ98 against a middish stack on the final 2 table bubble (he couldn't laydown AK27, unsooted after limping in the CO)...

Mananged to chip back up to 5th outta 13 and then this hand came up...Villian is a good tourney player, who had raised the previous 2 hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Please start a new thread on the QQ98 hand, if you feel like it.

Villain open-raised the two prior hands from late position, or villain re-raised with garbage? If the former, there's no reason to think that the villain doesn't have a real hand here, reraising an EP raise.

I don't hate a push here, but AJJ5 is not really a premium hand by any standard. It may be in the top 30% of hands, but Villains reraise indicates you're behind here. In this exact spot, since flat calling is the worst of both worlds, folding is not ridiculous.

What do the tourney players think of an EP limp with this hand? If raised, flat calling would be viable, looking for a 2 or a J, or a flush draw on the flop?

If the flop is 26T rainbow with two backdoor flushes after a limp-call, would you get your chips in first?