View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: I want to turn pro after college

do you know the original penn crew? Do you know who ashok is? There is a strong contingent of Penn pros who after graduation went pro, who probably faced similar sentiments that you're currently facing.

There are also many successful players who plan to or already entered the work force, ask doug kim or strassa. It's entirely up to you, but if you're not really enjoying Wharton, why don't you take classes you would like? Your post made it sound you're just going to back into poker and poker is going to be the option. You tell yourself, you'll have that business degree, but if you're not really enjoying Wharton now, what makes you think you'd enjoy a wall street job? During my 4 years at penn, I regretted not just taking classes I would feel passionate about, instead of mindlessly pursuing something I initially set on based on extrinsic motivations. Don't waste that education, man. This doesn't mean you shouldn't go pro, you can still go pro, but also get the most out of your college experience.

Good luck.