View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Slate.com on race and IQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've also seen people cross the street to avoid having to pass by a group of blacks. Oddly enough, I've never heard of anyone crossing the street to avoid a jew

[/ QUOTE ]

Bayes, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused by your reply. I assume you mean Bayes theorum but I'm not sure what you mean in this context.

regarding my thoughts... I'm of course only using my observational evidence but I feel pretty confident in saying that large parts of our society continues to treat people differently based on little more then skin color. (note for instance the repeated threads and postings by InTheDark with the seeming need to assert the inferiority of certain races). Every year they do tests and continue to find pervasive racism.

Things like:
If you have a 'black sounding name' you are less likely to get called into a job interview.

There are places that have no places available for rent when a black person inquires but magically have rooms available when whites inquire.

Things like taxis refusing to stop for black people.

I'm sure we could list numerous recent similar studies. The end point being that blacks are treated differently in our society and, with that difference in treatment, comes differences in ways they perform, learn, etc.

For anyone to assert that there are no differences and that jews are looked at the same in our society as blacks is ignoring plenty of evidence to the contrary.