View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The key to stopping the sharks at the top of the ladder killing off everyones dream is to stop people from winning multiple entries

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I think this would be great to roll out on a trial basis for the Steps. I see the names that have bought in directly to the $2100 Step 6 and it makes me not even want to try. But it would certainly help if, once they've won a seat, they were no longer eligible to play step sats. I'd also support no direct buy in for levels 5 and 6 making these qualifying ticket only events. Or having some way to only have the Step 6's played with other people who started at the same level you did...i.e. all the people that actually started from Step 1 would only have to play Step 6 against people that started from Step 1. Step 6 would need to be changed to a Single Table format and maybe you could register in advance to play at a set time to ensure they fill (like the Single Table VIP tournies against Poker Stars pros).

Finally and most importantly to me. There's not a chance of me going near these things until there's at least an option of playing Turbos at every level.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Simple enough solution is to not allow direct buy-in to Level 6 and maybe Level 5. That's enough in itself. Unless Stars creates $$ STEPS then keep the multiple win option available for people who want to play STEPS and win the $W or $T or whatever they decide on.

PSJeff or PSBrian

The key things to put in place for the STEPS

1. No direct buy-in to Level 5 or 6. Level 4 and under only.
The whole concept of the STEPS system is you start at the bottom and work your way up.

2. Make the lower levels(1/2/3/4) turbos.

3. Level 6 is a single table with 1st paying out the $12K prize and 2-9th getting a STEP ticket of varying level.

4. Allow for STEP 4 tickets($215) to be used in the Sunday Millions and Sunday Second Chance/ETC.

5. Give 12K $T for every win after your first instead of 12K $W.