View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Pocket pairs in the blinds... multiple hands

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 I usually c/r the flop vs an aggressive villain. there's not much he's going to be calling you with, prob safe to fold to the turn raise on this board

hand 2 at least look at the turn, you're ahead a lot of the time if villain opens a wide range.

hand 3 I can only assume you're at a heads up table where button=sb, in which case call preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1
I have stopped c/r'ing here. Dont know why. Good spot to do it. Donks love to "c-bet" their open limps and they will pay of 2 on the flop and prolly 1 more on the turn.

Your turn play sucks. The pot is really small. There is no reason to SD here IMO.

Hand 2
This fold is bad. You are going to get owned so much at higher stakes if you play like this in blind battles. The optimal line is very read dependant so your options are rather wide. But just calling preflop and then folding on this relatively safe flop is terrible.

Hand 3
Its 6 handed Yourface. Super standard fold. If you want to either coldcall or 3-bet in that spot without reads you prolly need to work on your preflop strategy.