View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: PCA Step 4 ghey spot vs. BigJoe

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the moment it may throw you off esp. if you're not playing many SNGs, but against a good player who knows you're a good player, not shoving PF with J9 and then folding to a push is terrible. Even on that bad board (and I say "bad" b/c of the 3 and 4 as much as the hearts) my guess is you have plenty of equity to call getting close to 3:1. I'd be surprised if he had a card higher than a ten, though it makes sense to do it with some stronger hands for the heck of it since a good player is probably going to call your complete-push too...

...unless you have like 62o or something, if you were going to call a push, it's fine to just shove PF. A good player is folding (pre-flop or postflop) after completing here about 0% of the time, why encourage them (and others watching) to make future foolio plays against you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect that the SB should stop and go with 100% of their range for comprehensiveness reasons. In return the BB should push PF only with hands where there is almost no chance of a flop in which they cannot call an allin from the SB against any 2 cards. Also the SB should of course push the flop 100% of the time.

The point is that the SB is giving the BB a free chance to avoid a -EV spot. Depending on the BB's hand, they may want to take this option. The cool thing about it from the SB's perspective is that it helps the SB to simply give the BB a favorable option. Usually in poker it never makes sense to give your opponent a clear option to avoid losing EV, however in these types of cases it does. It's like collusion somehow! I find it very beautiful!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I'm biased here because IME the stop n' go narrows said villan's range downward (as it does most good players) - it's a more interesting problem without that fact/assumption.

Edit: Joey, time to haze people and start stop n'going with 100% range here...