View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Is this a \"bad beat\" or just poor playing ?

[ QUOTE ]
What are you trying to accomplish with the min-raising? You should analyze your plays and make sure there's a reason for everything you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as I've only been (attempting to) play poker for a week, now while reading up on it at the same, time, I'm not quite ..ahem .. up to speed on the nuances of raising .... heck I'm not even out of neutral yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm still just getting up to speed with reading the board [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

With 66, should I even be raising? ... or even playing the hand for that matter?

I've read different things some saying don't ever raise pre-flop unless you have AA, KK, AK, other things I've read have suggested if you're going to get into a pot, start with a raise to knock out anybody with marginal hands.

My "reasons" at the moment are a mixture of testing things that I've been reading, and a lot of guessing-hunches [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That's why I've been only playing freerolls, though I might start trying the penny-stakes stuff ... after a few more thousand practice / freeroll hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike