View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: Jail

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, if u just ignored the cops lights and pulled into a closed garage in your apt, is there [censored] the cop could do?

[/ QUOTE ]

They know where you live and probably your plate number. You pick up another charge for evading and they still arrest you and are probably not in a pleasant mood for having to come and find you in your apartment.

To comment further on showing cops respect, just because your innocent doesnt give you the right to resist arrest. Cops are human and mistaken arrests are made all the time. Your best bet is to just let them take you in. I know people who have been mistakenly arrested and have picked up charges for resisting police officers.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not arrested if the cop just shines his lights and you ignore it and pull into a garage. Most traffic stops don't lead to arrest. I don't believe the cop can enter your garage or do anything but sit there since it's private property. He can't put something out for you saying you "evaded arrest" if he can't even prove it was you driving the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol really?

REALLY?