View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: **Official: Intramural Sports Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
Christ, intramurals with no refs here would end in fights absolutely every single game.

[/ QUOTE ]

We had one league that had no refs - 4 on 4 half-court basketball (best of 3 games to 11 by 1's and 2's), call your own fouls. Actually worked out pretty well, I don't think anyone was making egregious calls against the other time at any point. The championship game was kinda fun, it went 3 games and was pretty close at the end, and we were basically hammering the [censored] out of each other but nobody wanted to call anything.

That said, that league certainly wasn't as competitive as full court basketball. mahgeetah, even if the job was easy, did you get a lot of [censored] from players? It's probably not that fun to get ragged on when you make a bad call. I remember in a playoff game once our best player fouled out on some BS calls and we were probably yelling at the ref for the rest of the game about it.

Also, my school had a couple intramural poker tournaments that were just LOL. Awful blind levels, dealers didn't have a clue, etc etc standard stuff for a college-sponsored event I imagine.