View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: simple hand vs good player

[ QUOTE ]
surfdoc,

are you assuming:

1. If you cr flop, he'll cd with JJ or better?
2. If you cc flop, he'll bf (or possibly check) JJ/QQ on turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know. What would all you guys do if a TAG 3 bet from the blinds and then CRd a Kxx flop. Are you taking 99-QQ to showdown? This guy folded to my flop bet and didn't even peel. I don't think he caps me too light since he has a stat read for sure of me being tightish. So, I have to wonder if he just mucked one of these hands.

That is the reason for this thread. I think that when playing with 2p2ers there is a need to mix up lines. The TAG flop CR on this board is "okay buddy lets play a big pot." It is just too retarded to start CRing this flop with 88 just to mix up our play and get calldowns with our monsters when we have been capped preflop. We are just crushed by an avg TAGs capping range.

I think at this point there are too many of us playing the same. A mix of c/c, c/c, c/r and c/c, c/c, donk, and c/c, donk are intuitively more profitable since so many TAGs will at least fire the second barrel and even if the turn gets checked through we will very often get paid on the river.