View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Introducing No Limit

I'm not really sure what the main problem is. You have a regular group of enough people for a full and action-packed table, all of whom enjoy the stakes and games at play.

For a limit or small spread-limit game, I have no problem with playing whatever is in your pocket, but you can't mix in that kind of game with a PL or NL game, as those need to be table stakes. You can't switch back and forth.

If everybody is okay with higher stakes, it sounds like you're one of the people who is uncomfortable losing $40. Why do you want to force a group of people to change their game completely merely to suit your more limited bankroll? Perhaps you should either stick to the mixed spread limit game or not play NL or find a different game.

It's the oddball games that drive off people, not the stakes. Newcomers probably feel uncomfortable with a group of people who know each other playing games they don't know in a highly aggressive manner. But it's only a problem if people think it's a problem. If you have enough people for a regular game and everyone is having fun, I don't think that's a problem.