View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: To speak or not to speak, that is the question

Wow. Seems I'm in the minority on this one. For me, it is the exception, not the rule, when I speak up about errors when I'm not in a hand.

Instances where I would speak up: shorting the pot, player about to pick up the wrong card, dealer about to push the pot to the wrong player, dealer mis-announcing a hand at show-down. I'm sure there are a few others.

During the play of a hand, I believe it is a player's responsibility to protect his hand. I also believe it is his responsibility to protect his rights. Many may disagree. I would imagine it's a matter of opinion.

But let me make a different case for the silence of the would be do-gooder. He may not be doing good. In the 1st story, it could be the case (though rare) that player C was super slowplaying a great hand and hoping that further action would come from player A.

A more common example of this is the string raise rule. Sometimes, the offended player would welcome a string raise. If the would be do-gooder is at the table, his hopes would be dashed.

[ QUOTE ]
#1: Speak up as soon as you see it. Rules violations like that are every players responsibility to correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a particular category (or even list) of rules violations, or should we consider ALL rules violations to be the domain of the non active player?