View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Default To speak or not to speak, that is the question

Something that I have seen discussed very little--although it comes up with some regularity--is the ethical dilemma of whether a player not involved in a hand should speak up when he notices a rule violation that is putting one player at a disadvantage, when the dealer fails to notice or address the problem.

I just put up on my poker blog two such stories from my own experience: Edited out - no free promotion of you blog!
I'd be pleased to read thoughts from others here and/or in the comments section of the blog, on whether I was right to speak up in the first situation, and/or whether I should have said something immediately at the table in the second situation. Also, if you like, comment on how there developed in some circles an unwritten rule that players not involved in the hand should keep quiet about any perceived irregularities, and how we can change that part of poker culture (if that you agree it should be changed), or why we should keep such a practice (if you think that players not in the hand should keep mum).