Thread: 50 nl video
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: 50 nl video

[ QUOTE ]

I still cant get the vid to work, but its my computer. Hopefully I will manage to view it sometime and hit you up sometime to talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

by the way, i didn't start playing for four or five minutes after the video starts. i was sitting out for some time while i gave a lengthy introduction. i doubt this is the problem, but probably worth noting.

[ QUOTE ]

Yea what I mean is that many players even when theyre on draws will take the line of check flop, check turn, shove river if it hits. If it hits on the turn they usually take the same line. I agree about AA/KK 100%, I think the way it panned out villain has air or spades, not really much in the middle. Not sure if what Im saying makes sense, was just curious though. I was going to ask you also if the fact that he is short influenced this as short stackers in general have wider ranges than full stacks or close to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i have no way of being sure he doesn't have spades, of course. i do expect him to semibluff the turn with them pretty often though, or even donkbet the flop.

if you think his range is spades/air (i don't), it's a very easy river call -- flushes are gigantic hands, no reason to give a random 50 nl player credit for having a flush here 65%+ of the time.

and yeah, i'm more likely to make calls like this against shortstacks than full stacked players. in general, they tend to be stupider/wilder. of course, if the villain has a real stack, he can't shove that river. he can still overbet it, but it would certainly make for a different dynamic.