View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Question for B&M pros

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Something I was seriously wondering earlier while lying down for a nap. When you make the trip everyday to play poker how many buy-ins do you bring to the poker room? This is a serious dillemma for me. I would love to hear advice and strategy for different amounts. I am mostly talking about NL holdem here but another question would be how many big bets to bring if playing limit holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]
3/6 limit has been my game of late, and I've been bringing 3 buy-ins of $100 at a time. I've been running pretty good and have averaged 3 BB per hour. So I haven't had to rebuy for quite a while. But i think 3 rebuys would be a good number for whatever game you chose to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good. I think if you lose 3 buy-ins at 3-6 it's probably not your day and go home. I guess my question is more focused on NL. For example, I play mostly 2-5 NL and always buy in full. Say I get Aces cracked all-in pre-flop the first hand. Than lose another buy-in with set over set 20 minutes later. I as a beginner in this full time poker job am curious as to how the more experienced players would handle the situation. Do you bring many buy-ins and stay to play or do you pack up and call it a day?