View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: POG Mole - Pin Pals Team Thread

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys kidding me?

how am i supposed to know 3/4th their entire team was dropped after the first case opening? I have to assume that their team is playing.

This is NOT the real show. This is NOT real money. Therefore there is NO reason to take a -EV deal. Especially one that was so insanely -EV. I have to assume that the other team is playing to win, and in doing so, they will play the game in the most +EV manner. No Deal was by far the right move and the fact that it didn't work it is just results-oriented thinking.

As far as being on the show, I would probably take the deal, but definitely not for sure. Maybe 75% of the time, depending on my financial situation. Actual utility and all that. But this is fake money so its not the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said before - EV is long term, and only matters if you have multiple plays. That's why you look for the best EV in poker - you're going to be doing it thousands more times, and in the long run you will come out ahead.

With this game it's a one time thing. You win or lose. The Risk of Ruin here was high. EV should not have been your concern on the last one. If the deal was $700k, and the two cases were $500k & 1M, then I would agree that you don't take the deal. When the two cases are $200 & $1M... well, Scott did better

EDIT: Who cares what their team did? We have no knowledge or control over that.