Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only chance that Moss leaves is if there is some drastic falling out between him and the Patriots which is highly doubtful. Excpect Moss to be re-signed to like a 3-4 year contract worth like 4-6 mil per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are saying moss is going to come here, have a career year, and then sign a multi-year deal at basically the same money, or even ANOTHER pay cut?

lol

i am optimistic he gives them a discount and signs for like 4/28, more likely something like 3/25.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has said many times he does not care about the money and only wants to win so yes I would not be surprised in the least bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every athlete I have ever heard has said that they don't care about the money. I would guess that 90% of them would trade a winless season for a doubled salary, and I wouldn't really blame them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you people freakin serious? Moss took a paycut from 10 mil all the way down to 3 mil in order to win. He could have just stuck it out in winless Oakland for 1 year, made 7 mil more and then signed onto a winner. He obviously cared a ton more about winning than you people realize, and a lot less about money than you people realize, and took a huge paycut in order to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he will get a lot more interest on the free agent market this year than he would have if he stayed in Oakland. Remember, a good number of people were questioning his abilities before the season started because of his poor production in Oakland. However, now everyone knows he is a superstud and will be willing to pay quite a lot more. The paycut is insignificant next to the increased amount of money he will make having played and preformed with the Pats instead of Oakland. It was probably more a business decision than a personal or competitive one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize Brady is known for spreading the ball around and not targeting just 1 reciever. No one at the start of the season was predicting Moss to blow up like he has.

If Moss cared about money as much as you all claim he would have finished out his last year in Oakland, signed a 1 year deal with a team that could throw him the ball a ton, then use that year as a contract year to get paid.