View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only chance that Moss leaves is if there is some drastic falling out between him and the Patriots which is highly doubtful. Excpect Moss to be re-signed to like a 3-4 year contract worth like 4-6 mil per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are saying moss is going to come here, have a career year, and then sign a multi-year deal at basically the same money, or even ANOTHER pay cut?

lol

i am optimistic he gives them a discount and signs for like 4/28, more likely something like 3/25.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has said many times he does not care about the money and only wants to win so yes I would not be surprised in the least bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every athlete I have ever heard has said that they don't care about the money. I would guess that 90% of them would trade a winless season for a doubled salary, and I wouldn't really blame them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you people freakin serious? Moss took a paycut from 10 mil all the way down to 3 mil in order to win. He could have just stuck it out in winless Oakland for 1 year, made 7 mil more and then signed onto a winner. He obviously cared a ton more about winning than you people realize, and a lot less about money than you people realize, and took a huge paycut in order to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he will get a lot more interest on the free agent market this year than he would have if he stayed in Oakland. Remember, a good number of people were questioning his abilities before the season started because of his poor production in Oakland. However, now everyone knows he is a superstud and will be willing to pay quite a lot more. The paycut is insignificant next to the increased amount of money he will make having played and preformed with the Pats instead of Oakland. It was probably more a business decision than a personal or competitive one.

Edited: That's not to say he doesn't enjoy winning, but just that accepting the pay-cut to play with Brady and the rest of the pats talent is a very good decision if you are angling for more money in the future.