View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: NLTRN: Situations where you do not continuation bet

Obv depends on the opponent, but in general, consider checking behind if:

1. you have a gutshot draw, esp if villain c/r or calls too often, and esp if your hand has less SD value than, say, K high
2. you have something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and board comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3. if you hit top pair on a safe board and villain tends to c/f too often on the flop (but may hit a turn card or bluff turn/river). I almost always cbet top pair hands, but if villain is very weak tight, consider a check.

If you have something like AJo on 422 board, definitely Cbet, even against aggressive players. [ QUOTE ]
i definitely continuation bet on low paired flops. if they are apt to bluff at you on these flops, exploit that!

[/ QUOTE ] I think this is very good advice. Against certain players I will 3bet/shove their c/r or raise their donkbet on a 422 rainbow flop. Once in a while I even flat call on flop and shove over the turn (pref with paint cards and rarely with ATC).