View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Science Education in America: Why I\'m Homeschooling My Kid in Scie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've sent my kids to both public and private schools and the private schools are much more sticklers for organization and base their grades much less on knowledge of the subject than on other issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the "private" school market is a sliver of what it would be if the government were entirely out of the way. The obvious explanation for what you observe is that the private schools are generally tied towards religious groups today.

In a truly free market with less barriers to entry, other people would be able to provide the service.

[/ QUOTE ]

But surely according to the theory of comparative advantage, if someone is providing free education then the surviving schools that charge should be much better than the average in a free market?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think that restricting and outlawing competition makes for better competition?

You think that black market drug trade makes for a (much) better product than said product in a free market system?

You believe that theft, extortion and others forms of violence can create something good?