View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the email address of one of the mysterious matching IP addresses appears to be hosted there isn't all that huge, is it? e.g. my first reaction was "ZOMG, does this mean that Kahnawake is somehow in on this!??", but isn't it possible that poker sites not only have their gaming servers up there (the reason that often many of the big sites go down at once), but ALSO that they host their email accounts from there? (I'm sorry if I wasn't as elegant as I would have liked in that description...I'm not well-versed in this stuff.)

In short, while this corroborates the premise that this was an inside job, does the email account being hosted there point to any NEW parties that might be involved or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's more likely in my mind that this is an AP employee than someone at the KGC. But it basically CONFIRMS that it was an inside job.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what it ALSO does, although I'm sure you realized this too, but I thought I'd spell it out, is confirm an "insider" link between the 2 accounts that were originating from the same IP address in the tourney, right?

One of the two matches was:
1) The guy with Absolute ID #363, more or less conclusive evidence that he was some guy who registered in the VERY early going, e.g. possibly a rogue programmer or the like, and

2) The OTHER guy with the matching IP address whose email address is hosted somewhere in Kahnawake.

In other words, there's evidence that both of users are "insiders" to some extent (although I guess the fact that they were sharing the same IP address was enough to link the two anyway)