View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: On being a \"poker snob\"

[ QUOTE ]
Make a big last longer bet with your friend and play the home games. Solves the problem, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why this hasn't been given more airtime. This is a great solution, IMO, and I employ it all the time with a friend of mine (we're about equal skillwise as well) whenever we play in bar freerolls, $.25-.50 home games with old buddies, etc. This depends, of course, on your friend being rolled enough to want to make this bet for enough money to make it "worth your while".

Myself, I love playing with different circumstances and people almost regardless of the stakes, as it can be good practice for "real money" game conditions that might never occur at your "regular" game but might crop up unexpectedly when you're in different situations, locations, etc. For instance, the first time I sat down at a summer weekend Trop pink chip game, I found myself thankful I'd logged all those hours of hyper-LAG no-fold-em quarter-ante poker with my college buddies. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mook