[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. The Shield
2. Six Feet Under
3. Deadwood
4. Lost
5. Rome

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny that you listed Deadwood, Rome and The Shield. All three of those shows I thought were just brilliant when I first saw them, but all lost me eventually. Rome and Deadwood had incredible first seasons, but I was strangely bored in the second seasons. The Shield petered down, but after watching it for a couple of years I found I was justing waiting around until the Forrest Whitaker scenes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry: I edited my list I was just goofing with the knuckle sandwich guy.

I actually like The Shield and have watched it since the inception. I think it is a great show that is well acted and well written. It is too over the top to be compared to shows like The Wire and Deadwood. The best part of the Shield is non stop action and it is never ever boring (hardly any down time). However, it is subtle as a brick to the head and not one of the top 5 shows ever no matter how entertaining I find it.

I can see the turn off from Season 2 of Deadwood, it was a little bit slow getting to where it needed to. Season 2 was the set up for Season 3. Season 3 of Deadwood is to me the best Season of TV I have ever watched. It was right up there with The Wire season 4.

To this date I have never watched season 1 of Rome (long story). Season 2 was pretty good. It is on my things to watch list. I have never watched an episode of either Lost or 6FU so I can not give an honest opinion.