View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: HU SNG Discussion in STTF

[ QUOTE ]
Pure HU is so different than SNGs that I just know how much it will really help.

[/ QUOTE ]
This depends a *lot* on how big the stacks compared to the blinds when it gets to the last two players.

I don't play nearly as many STTs as I do HUSNGs, but from what I've seen, it's not at all unusual to get down to the final two (at least in $20-$50 STTs, I haven't played anything higher than that) with the players having an average of 15-20 big blinds, or even more if the table's been a little crazy, or there have been a lot of big hand-over-hand confrontations.

That's still deep enough for smart heads-up play to be a big win over any sort of push-or-fold, and anybody who has played a lot of HUSNGs should have a pretty sizable advantage over somebody whose only heads-up experience is when they make it to the final 2. And if it does get down to 2 deeper than 20bbs, many regular STT players are so far out of their element that you should have a *huge* advantage.

When I do make it heads-up in a STT, I would guess that I'm taking first 75% of the time, and 2nd 25% of the time, purely due to the fact that I play so many HUSNGs.