View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

Thanks for the injury update.

The Eagles have really lengthened (for lack of a better word) their passing game in the last couple weeks. In the Tennessee and Indy games, everything was short passes. But lately they've been airing it out downfield and Garcia has also thrown some strikes for 15-20 yard gains over the middle. They still use screens and he checks down to Westbrook/Buck/Tapeh sometimes, but they're throwing a lot less designed short passes to WR than before. Garcia doesn't have McNabb's cannon, but he is accurate even on the run. It will be interesting to see what they do against the Bears if they make it to Chicago, since that type of offense doesn't work as well as short passes.

The other thing they have done to help Garcia is they are using the full Westbrook arsenal. Wheel routes out of the backfield, line up him as WR, double moves, you name it. Earlier in the season, I wanted them to use Westbrook more as a reciever downfield. They may have been saving that stuff for the playoffs, but when McNabb went down they broke it out. They had some awesome formations yesterday: shotgun five wide with Westbrook in the slot, Buck and Westy in the backfield together, shotgun 3WR/2TE, etc.

I don't think the Chargers bets are too +EV for me, but I do have $100 against the Saints. Holla.