View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Any word on when Vasher will be back? Am I grabbing at straws to think that the dead of Tank's friend might get him inactive for rest of year or cut ? Are you guys excited for sweeping the Pack for the 2nd year in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard about Vasher other than after clinching he may rest his hammy until playoffs. Todd Johnson practiced this past week for first time in a couple weeks.

Bears are going to tread lightly with injuries in remaining weeks. I think they should play their starters through final game to make sure they aren't too rusty for first playoff game after bye. I also don't feel they should play full games, especially v. Pack.

Which leads me to part 2 of your question: sweep of Pack. Things are different now. While for past 10 years beating the Pack was a priority at this point of the season, it's not. I could care less if they win in Week 17. I want the starters to look sharp while they're in and have the team healthy after the game.

I rather like the position of not caring if the Bears beat the Pack. Shows we have eyes on bigger prizes (playoff wins & run to Super Bowl).

This coming from a Bear fan living in Packer country.