View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 01:59 PM

Default idea about resolving disputes

I won't be pressing for this. Just want to see what people think. Here's my deleted post from the assani thread.

What I'm wondering is if there isn't a problem with the structure of how situations are resolved. Stuff like this thing with assani really isn't a forum specific issue, yet that's the only way we're organized to deal with it. Groups of mods disagree with each other on certain incidents and overall ideas. Often a red will then have to pick a side. When it's about anything that spreads over more than one forum the admins are the only ones currently recognized as being able to decide. Shouldn't there be something sort of in between to keep the right balance?

Mat's already mentioned super mods in the other thread, but that's separate and not what I'm thinking here. What if instead of just picking sides we had an agreed upon way to decide a dispute with votes? You know, like the supreme court! It could be mod reps for the different types of forums on 2+2, possibly including a regular member or two.