View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: True or False NL

Great responses Janice ! I like your thought process .

1) This one is clearly false as you should never stick to one strategy 100% of the time . You may be more inclined to smooth call with more hands in position than oop , but it shouldn't deter you from re-raising . I would also mix it up by 3 betting with semi bluff hands which should be done sparingly .

2)I still believe that when you decide to play a hand , it's usually correct to raise or fold . Certainly if a player makes a mini raise , then you can call with suited connectors since it is better than folding , but is it better than raising ? hmmm ...

3) It does depend on stack sizes . Suited connectors and small pocket pairs play well in deep stack situations so it's not a bad strategy to smooth call oop with these hands .

4) It's almost always correct to raise or fold otb but some hands like 5-4 offsuit play better when you limp with them .Against aggressive players , it becomes correct to employ a raise or fold strategy .

5) You can bluff on the river but not that often . Depending on the flop texture and the flow of the hand , it may be necessary to bluff the river .

6) I thought your answer to part 6 was interesting . That you should bluff with the best hand from your lowest range . This is interesting and I once used to play this way until I realized the added benefit of deception when you can play ANY two cards for a profit . I personally think it's more dangerous if someone can bluff with hands like 7-2 suited once in a while , then a player who is pigeonholed to bluffing with the best hands from their lowest range .

7)Yup , this is why it's correct to occasionally bluff on the river . If your opponent folds often enough , it may be correct once in a while .

8)I usually like to make larger than half size bets on a scary board . I think something like three-quarters of the pot should suffice in accomplishing this goal of deterring most draws from playing .