View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Prof wants to add more class??

My linear algebra professor wants to add a weekly class on Fridays, 4-5pm. We already meet every M/W/F for 50 minutes. She had mentioned something along these lines like a month ago, but I thought it was just a review session, or a one time thing. After class last week, it seems she wants to have another class every week.

This professor is probably the worst prof I have had. She is hard to understand, doesn't teach the right things, and manages her classroom time just horrendously (probably why she needs to add another class). I am almost positive that adding mandatory class (well maybe not mandatory, but just as important as the regularly scheduled class) is not something she can do, but do not know what my best course of action is.

I think I missed the first class day that she announced this, and for some reason the people that were at class that day didn't object and instead they figured out what day would work best for everyone. When I came in to class on Friday, she just announced when the first extra class would be.

I could tell her the time doesn't work for me, but I think she'll just tell me to get notes from a classmate. Talking to some dean is my other option, but I don't know who would be best to go to. If possible, I would like to find a solution that has the nice property of making it so this professor does not do anymore teaching.