View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: bad habit, moving my head to peek at clubhead during backswing..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this doesn't sound like a "fix" to me. You want your wrists to break during your backswing. Keeping them locked is going to suck all your power away and probably make you hit really big pulls (although it could cause one of any number of problems).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't rly break my left wrist much at all during the backswing, my right wrist will begin to hinge when my clubhead is about waist high. I want to create as much width as I can on the backswing. Breaking your left wrist and picking up the club does not seem like good advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we're just using different terms? I forget the specifics of pronation, supination and so forth, so I won't try to describe what I'm talking about. I'll just say that whatever position Tiger's wrist is in, it's not what it is at address. Whether that's a break, a twist, a rotation or whatever I don't know. When reading the OP I got a mental image of the guys that keep their wrists totally locked throughout the swing, intentionally, thinking it helps them keep get the clubface square, which, of course, it does not.