View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Full Ring advice

Your .02/.04 FR experience is almost certainly variance (perhaps with a dollop of bad postflop play...like mine). Those 6 or 7 guys are hemorraging money and if you hang around you will drink their blood. :very evil icon that we should have:

You may need to hit the nut but when you do they'll pay you enough to make up for all the bad beats. It just may take 10,000 (or more) hands for this to be apparent.

However, as said above you may pick up bad habits at that level that will set you up for serious losses when you meet the proverbial "players who will respect your raises."

I have only managed to work my way up to .10/.20 and the games are significantly tighter there than at .05/.10 which in turn is tighter than .02/.04. In fact on Stars the .10/.20 can get rather nitty (though there are still 70+ VP$IP players to be found). Just last night I didn't feel like I had the concentration for .10/.20 so I dropped down to two-table .02/.04. Naturally I lost. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]