View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Failed stack a donk vs random river aggro

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like the stack-a-donk line here. You bet into 4 people. If villain is competent at all he has to realize you have something. I would just bet the turn for value.

As played, I think river is a fold. I don't get people saying it's a call. Is a 20/16 ever shoving as a bluff here? That's pretty ballsy. Is he ever shoving worse, like 99? Probably <10%.

Yeah, your hand looks like a bluff, but if villain has a marginal hand (which is what he's represented so far) he's just calling. Why would he raise if he thinks you're bluffing? It's more likely that he slowplayed to trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will agree with the part about not going for the stack a donk here though. Although his stats suggest he floats, which he definitely does, especially after seeing results of hand, I shouldnt have assumed he is going to bet the turn after I bet into 4 people. Normally I also agree about the river being a fold by my line looks so bluffy. The other problem is I have so much of my stack in there. I couldnt c/c in fear that he checks behind a weaker pp. I cant really b/f due to stack sizes, so I figured my only option was b/c at the time.