View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 02:13 AM

Default reply the long way

Thus the problematic nature of flashing one or both hole cards to less than the whole table.

I've got a foolproof system of avoiding this type of situation. I don't flash either card to anyone if action is pending. If I'm going to flash after action is complete, I flash both to everyone.

Unfortunately, more players than not like to complicate things a great deal by constantly flashing just one, doing so while action is still pending, and not showing the whole table. The technical term for this is "opening up a can of worms."

The solution depends on a variety of factors, including the knowledge and experience of the dealer/floor (if called), where exactly the action stands, how large the "nit factor" is at your table, and just how bad you managed to piss off the nits.

With action pending, the dealer should hold flashed cards till the end of the hand, after which they can then properly apply the "show one, show all" rule. A warning should be issued to the player not to do this again, pending a stern nut-kicking.

The problem here is that sometimes the dealer (occasionally even the floor) becomes terribly misguided and exposes the cards while action is still pending. This is sooooo wrong, the reasons why should be obvious.

If you only flash one card, usually you should only have to show that one card. Some rooms do have the "show one, show both" rule, or "no needling rule." It's a stupid reason to have the rule, "no needling," blame harrahs and the wsop stupidity patrol for that nonsense. However, if you flash just one, it might not be clear to players at the other end of the table that you only flashed one. Therefore if you wind up having to show both, tough luck.

Your solution of powermucking will get you in lots of trouble and make you few friends.

Al