View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Default RESULTS

My thoughts were similiar to Dale's, in that I felt I had a draw I could not fold but which is not nearly as strong as people seem to think. First of all, if I hit the 2, there will be 4 cards to a wheel on the board, so I probably could not win a big pot anyway. The 6 could give someone a higher straight, so if I play a big pot here, I am may be drawing dead. The gutshot is definitely in the Button's (good LAG) hand range. In fact, he had stacked me by hitting a gutshot earlier in the session.

I just didn't think that any of the 3 players could withstand the heat of this CR. First of all, Villain #1 calls way too much, but he could be betting without the ace here. As soon as Villain #2 calls, Villain #1 should usually be thinking he is beat (unless he happens to hold a strong hand). Villain #2 is very tight and will definitely lay down a hand like AQ or AK here (this guy really could have limped with AK here). The button could easily have as little as a gutshot, as was pointed out earlier.

Anyway, the station did what stations do, and flat called. Villains #2 and #3 both folded quickly. The turn was a 9, I checked, and Villain 1 bet $6K. I folded.

I guess I overestimated his ability to lay a hand here to a CR and 2 players left behind. It turns out he was on tilt from the hand before, a fact I did not realize until later. I was also told that he often tilts and spews. So my bluff in this particular spot did amount to spewing, but I still think it is a good spot to CR bluff against reasonable opponents.