View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Day Trading In Japan

[ QUOTE ]
I just read this in a homework assignment and thought it might be of some interest to you guys. I certainly had no idea there were such opportunities:

Some think that day trading in the stock market ended with the bursting of the dot-com bubble. Not in Japan.
Homemaker Yuka Yamamoto got bored watching shows on television. After seeing an ad on TV, she took $2,000 in savings and started day trading stocks using her home computer. Within a year, she turned the initial $2,000 into a cool $1 million and became a celebrity in Japan. She’s a popular speaker and has contributed to several books on day-trading.
She’s not alone.

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Lord.....now Japan?

I would love to see her verified P+L statements from her BD,before believing even 1% of this story.

Most of these stories/info-mercials you see or hear about on TV profess the same thing...spewing non-sense about how to become rich DT'ing.

But in reality they are selling something else ....books,courses,DT brokerage accounts with the bells and whistles software packages,etc

I dont care if they are in Japan,the North Pole ,or wherever.They are just selling you a DREAM.....that they themselves know is just that!

ALOT of people make ALOT of monies off daytraders.Another simple example I have never talked about,is just the extra liquidity they provide in the markets intra-day that the Pro's always exploit,and the majority of these DT'ers dont even know it,getting sucked into trades they MUST liquidate by days end

As I have said before 95%+ go broke from the slippage alone,or are just ground down in fees and commissions

Stephen [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]