View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: flopped straight, go broke on turn despite 3-flush?

[ QUOTE ]
Folding pre usually

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had shown down big starting hands (KK twice and QQ once) when it came to showdown, and I hadn't been playing many hands. Thought these were good conditions to vary my play and mix it up with suited gap connectors.

[ QUOTE ]
but that flop makes me feel a lot better about it. Flop, not sure exactly how to bet the nut hand with this drawy board but I'd probably bet the same; your hand is disguised well.

[/ QUOTE ]
on the flop, i wanted to bet enough to give draws incorrect price to play with me. i also hoped my betting might represent an overpair or semi-bluff fd / gutshot (i.e., JT)

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn its tough. I thought to consider checking and reevaluate based on CO's move, but that might've been influenced by showing that CO reraised; can't say for sure now. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really consider checking the turn. I still have a strong hand that is beating trips or a strong diamond draw. wanted them to pay to see the river.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have no choice but to call here. This isn't a snap call to me but a tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
definitely not a snap call imo, getting less than 2.5:1. i am drawing dead against a made flush, but ahead of the rest of villain's range. villain probably not on a complete bluff on this board, but a semi-bluff is very possible

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any reads on this player? Is he making the flop call with just a flush draw or even AK?

[/ QUOTE ]
Few reads. Villain hasn't played many hands, called down small bets with middle pair one hand, cbet another flop and that is about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at your chip stack, you could consider folding as an option. Folding leaves you with around 2.3k and relatively small blinds so you still have room to play. Tough spot here, but I think I still call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding was an option, but I think I have enough equity against his range that I have to call.