View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Celtics want Reggie Miller

I think something that should be noted is that when MJ came back that second time he was trying to carry a sub 500 team on his back. Who was his best teammate other than Stackhouse? No one. This team has three top 20 players and Reggie will have to do nothing more than play 10-15 min and shoot open shots from the perimeter.

I personally hated Reggie his entire career even tho I respect how good he was for Indiana. I think when people pump up Reggie they neglect how good some of his teams were. To me a guy that is 6-7 and can only get 2 rpg with 2 apg, plays terrible D while playing 36 min and has no rings just isn’t hall of fame caliber... not even close. But hey i have been wrong before.

If it was up to me I wouldn’t actively pursue Reggie but if he wants to play I will definitely give him a chance and show him my support.

As a side note: Most great athletes become great by having a passion to play the game. If they can still contribute and still want to play, I say more power to them. I can’t imagine a worse feeling than being 60 and thinking back on my career with these "what if" doubts. To me its about being happy and content with life, not preserving my memory in the eyes of some fans. The true fans will remember me no matter how crappy my last couple seasons are.