Thread: Guitar Hero III
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

i've been looking forward to play this game for a while, so last night i finally got a chance to try the demo, and for what i got a chance to play, i was pretty impressed with it. i was able to get through 4 of the 5 songs on expert, and if i didn't have to get up for work today, i would have beaten tenacious d's "the metal."

graphically, everything is much more crisp. without having seen the rest of the game, what i played looked great. based on pictures, magazine articles, internet, videos, i was afraid that the notes on the fret board were going to be small/harder to see (and then press), but those fears were washed away, and playability was just as good as gh2.

the HOPO system is awesome. they have improved this a lot. i was able to RIP through some of the [censored] on these songs that i may have had a tough time with earlier (granted, these songs aren't super difficult on expert, just a few tricky spots). after i get my copy at midnight release, i will be able to see how it is with more difficult songs.

i have been trying to get this earlier than the expected shelf date, but it appears that everything i tried will not work. i'm really looking forward to getting this in my hands.

ALSO:
who wants to jam with multiplayer once we get this thing? maybe we can organize a 2p2 tourney sometime in the future.