View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 AM

Default beat: sudden, explosive diarrhea cost me a 300 bb pot

so the other night i had a nice crab dinner at a local seafood spot not too far from my dad's place. i come home and everything seems fine, so i log on and find a couple of fish cakes playing 100+bb stacks at 3/6, so naturally i jump in and load up 5 tables. things are going well, until about an hour into the sesh, i start to feel a little queesy, but i don't think anything of it....then this hand comes up...

Full Tilt Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $651.25
SB: $602.50
BB: $968

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $21</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $71</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $968</font> and is all in, Hero (sudden explosive diarrhea forces hero to run to bathroom and time out) folds, SB calls $531.50

Flop: ($1226) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Turn: ($1226) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)

River: ($1226) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Results: $1226 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$602.50 NET)
BB showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON (+$620.50 NET)

i was multi tabling and didn't catch this action in time to do anything before i literally almost shitted all over my room...i got up and as swiftly and gingerly as i could, ran to the bathroom and had like a 15 sec continuous stream of crap explode out of my ass. when i got back to my room, i went through the hands i missed and found this gem. needless to say it put me on considerable life tilt, but fortunately i was not feeling well enough to play, and had to quit before i got a chance to steam off a couple buyins.

brag: survived a bad case of food poisoning
beat: lost out on a 300 bb pot vs two donks because of sudden explosive diarrhea
variance: going to set up redundant computer with internet access in the bathroom to avoid potential future bodily function mishaps