View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Default NLCASH 1/2 - Two strong hands face shove from possible maniac

About 5 hands against this guy, I stacked him with A3 against 37 in a raised pot already (we both flopped trips).

He hasn't shown anything yet that says he is a bad player, but I suppose he may just be furious that I stacked him.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3541040368: Table Lion (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:56:40 ET - 2007/09/12
Seat 1: xSCWx ($348)
Seat 2: akkxxl ($200)
xSCWx posts the small blind of $1
akkxxl posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
xSCWx raises to $6
akkxxl calls $4

*** FLOP *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
akkxxl checks
xSCWx bets $10
akkxxl calls $10

*** TURN *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
akkxxl checks
xSCWx bets $18
akkxxl raises to $184, and is all in
xSCWx has 15 seconds left to act
xSCWx has requested TIME
xSCWx: now this is an interesting one
xSCWx folds
Uncalled bet of $166 returned to akkxxl
akkxxl mucks
akkxxl wins the pot ($67.50)

My thinking is that any sane player would either do a small raise or a call in this situation with the straight UNLESS they had 58. I found it hard to believe that he might be dumb enough to do this with air. I must admit that the A3 hand didn't cross my mind.

Shortly after, this hand came up. Please don't use it in judging hand 1.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3541085741: Table Lion (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:03:01 ET - 2007/09/12
Seat 1: xSCWx ($296.50)
Seat 2: akkxxl ($249.30)

xSCWx posts the small blind of $1
akkxxl posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
xSCWx raises to $6
akkxxl calls $4

*** FLOP *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
akkxxl checks
xSCWx bets $8
akkxxl raises to $22
xSCWx calls $14

*** TURN *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
akkxxl has 15 seconds left to act
akkxxl bets $48
xSCWx calls $48

*** RIVER *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
akkxxl bets $173.30, and is all in
xSCWx has requested TIME
xSCWx calls $173.30

My thinking in this is that we shouldn't be getting into this many big pots over the course of a few minutes so it is likely that he is trying to brute force his way through (he did do some damage on smaller hands). I was going to reraise on the flop but I decided that would induce a decision for stacks right there, and only against real hands. I decided to play it down for a chance to stack a bluff.

His bet also didn't seem to be a value bet, although at this point I consider my hand to be face up. I suppose it could be of value from two pair or a set if they think I might call.