View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Dear Friday Night Lights Director

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the main ones off the top of my head:

Booby did not even play a game that year; he was hurt in preseason practice. Nor did his attempted comeback have him enter a game and get blown up.

The sequence of games is not correct. For example, the Panthers lose their first game ... In the movie they dominate the first game.

The team did not go to the state championship. The game against Carter was the Semi-finals and was played in the rain with a score of 14-9. Carter was not this huge behemoth team as portrayed in the movie and they did not physically dominate Permian.

[/ QUOTE ]

the semi-final game against carter was also played under protest b/c half a dozen players (an all-american as well) had failed but were still playing regardless.

plus the first playoff game was against amarillo tascosa not jesuit, jesuit is a private school and played their playoffs in TAPPS back then and wasn't even UIL until 2003.

the game was at ut-austin not the astrodome.

the movie depicted carter as the #1 ranked team when they hadn't been ranked higher than #3 all year.

if you grew up in texas knowing this story and had actually seen all these games then you can't help but to sit there cross-eyed at the movie screen, i heard more "wtf's" at the end of that movie than any movie i have ever been in, but i am also in dallas.