View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ allardyce saying any team plays long ball football

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the BIG FOOT play?

Anyhow, what's the news with the Gunners' GP situation? I see that Jens is on the bench and presumably healthy. Almunia hasn't really been spectacular, but he has been servicable. I wonder if Wenger has lost faith in Jens (especially since he seemed disinterested in letting in two cheapies) and whether Jens was ever injured. I wouldn't be surprised if Jens had a little drug problem or something.

Also, did you ever notice that Almunia looks like that big kid in AYSO soccer that just becomes "goalie" by default. It doesn't help him that he has that 16 - 18 year-old mustach starter kit and the bleached hair. The guy kind of freaks me out.

I think Arsenal is better off without Henry (and I think he is regretting his transfer out). At time last year, it seems the team (Fabregas) was forcing the action through Henry. Of course, given Henry's role and skill, that seems natural, but I think it prevented Cece from playing within the flow of the game. Also, I am sure Wenger grew frustrated with Henry's fitness and it seemed that every other game, Henry was a scratch with no suitable replacement.

This year, even though no particular striker has proven to be Henry's equal, the options presented have multiplied and have led to a much better offense. Now the opportunities come from all over the place, with more players involved. Lesson: Wenger knows what the hell he is doing. If he wanted Henry there, Henry would be there.