View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: I\'m getting surgery Friday

[ QUOTE ]

dlk9s, I have an inguinal hernia on my right side. There are different kinds of hernias and a few procedures for fixing them. Last one I had they did the laproscopic otherwise know as keyhole method. They just make a small incision in the belly button, one like 4 inches down, and one more a few inches down. One's for the camera, another for the as to expand your stomach and one for his tools or whatever. Anyway no way I could even walk more than like ten baby steps a minute last time. I can't understand how you trucked 3 bags through an airport two days later. Sounds like a medical miracle or some [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured yours was worse than mine. If I remember correctly, the inguinal variety is basically when your guts not only pop out a bit like a normal hernia, but get twisted, too. Mine was pretty minor. I was just messing with you, really.

I really have no idea how I made it through the airport. It wasn't fun. Eight years later, while my hernia doesn't hurt, I am still aware of it from time to time.

My mommy actually flew out to Maryland to take care of me before I flew back to my apartment in Georgia. While overall, everything went fine, the worst moment I had was when I took off the bandages in the shower. I had never seen myself cut up/stitched up like that, plus I was on pain meds that made me woozy. The combination of these things made me start to black out. I hurried to dry off and get dressed while my vision was going. There was NO WAY I was going to collapse and have my mom come in to fish my naked body out of the bathroom. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good luck with the surgery and enjoy!