View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

I went to a new underground card club in Reykjavik. It was one of the most insanely soft games I've ever played. The stakes are rougly $1.5/$3 but the game plays really short. Everybody is buying in for 30-50 big blinds and it's really loose/passive.

People call to much when they shouldn't, which is kinda standard, but they also make horrible folds. Like we're playing 4 handed and I open AQs to 3.5bb, Button has about 45BB's and 3-bets to 9bb, folded to me and I push, he agonizes for a while and the open folds AK. And this is the kind of guy who will instacall pot-sized bets on the flop with any pair hoping to spike as long as the pot is not too big.

The place is run by a drugdealer and a lot of the guys there were pretty shadey (a lot of debt-collector looking guys with big biceps and wearing prada and gucci t-shirts).

It's 10-handed, theres a 3.5BB raise and a couple of calls. One guy 3-bets big and it's folded to a middle-eastern looking dude who thinks for like 2 mins and then decideds to fold his QTs. The other guy shows pocket kings, there's a little snicker from a guy next to me and I blurt out "cowboys" and suddenly the middle-eastern dude gives me a death stare and says "Is there something funny?". I wonder if he'll pull a Joe Pesci on me if I say something wrong so I just say "I just said 'cowboys'". He lets it go.

They also have these jailbait teenies with cleavage all over the place as dealers. It was a little hard concentraiting at times.

Anyways, I end the evening up $250 and a friend of mine who I was staking was up $500 of which I got half, so it was a good night.