View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Poker Pro: Almost always slow play top pair????

[ QUOTE ]
......I get 5 limpers and I'm in the small blind with 89S so of course I elect to play. Flop comes out 934 with to diamonds. There was $25 in the pot and with two draws and 5 people I elected to punish the chasing calling stations and bet the pot $25. Of course everyone calls. The turn is a off 5, I bet again and everyone calls. The river is another off 5 and I check...........

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking that you forgot to think about why you entered the pot to begin with. You had a plan maybe? I'm thinking it was not to play a big pot with a top pair of 9's against a large field of players. You played it to hit 2 pair or better or a straight that was hidden so you could let mister maniac bluff off his chips to you then stick him in the side with a big raise on the end. You had likely been sitting there a long time trying to do that. The hand did not work out that way from the very beginning yet you persisted with it.

I think most of the time you need to keep in mind why you entered the pot to begin with. Obviously adjustments are required from time to time however I think players adjust and keep on with a hand like this way too often.

Dave