View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, but I was referring to on the field record, not off the field conduct. I have a small soft spot for Gary Moeller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the rarest of the rare breeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably true. However, don't you find it interesting that people defend Carr with "ZOMG how can you criticize a coach with that great winning percentage." But those same people think Moeller was a bad coach, despite an almost identical winning percentage. If winning percentage is a great tool in determining who is a good coach and who isn't..then great. Everyone should be consistent, though.

By the way, so there is no misunderstanding, I do not think Gary Moeller was a good coach. He never should have been hired in the first place, just as Carr should never have gotten the job. At Michigan, incest is best. Instead of searching the country to find the best possible coach, we must promote from within. Hopefully that mentality is gone. At least our last 2 basketball coaches were not "promote from within" hires after a long stretch of that.