View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 250 BB 50/100 HU Tricky River Spot

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the replies. On the river I timed down and went through the thought process: "this is the best hand I can realistically have in this spot, I would have guessed that he wouldnt flat aa or aq on the turn although Im obviously not sure, maybe hes doing something spewy" and I called.

Having thought about it for a few days I think it should have been a fold, although I think its pretty close. I think that very few people are going to go for value with worse hands than mine with this line. However, since he probably doesnt play aq and aa this way anywhere close to 100% of the time, he has to be getting out of line with busted draws and other stuff a really small percentage of the time to make me +EV against his range.

Even so, I think its a little optimistic to think that this guy shows up busted draws more than once in a blue moon. I dont think this guy was capable of deducing that the best possible hand I could realistically have is q9 and I would at least have to consider folding it to a push. I think that if he decides to bluff here its more of a "Ive been playing pretty tight, he cant call a push here without a huge hand" type of thing, and I just dont think this guy does it that often.

Results in white:

<font color="white">He had [ 5C,AD ] and I took it down </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

god damn thats sick, never underestimate the euros i guess.