View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 04:39 AM

Default 250 BB 50/100 HU Tricky River Spot

KRANTZ taking the time to post a 200/400 hu hand against PA has inspired me to post a HU hand I played a few days ago in an effort to keep the interesting hands here coming (not that my opponent or stakes compare to his, but I thought this was a legitimately difficult spot, and also because Im sick fo recallme threads).

Weve been playing for about an hour. He sat down with 7k initially and ran it up to 50 (he won a flip, hit a semibluff allin, and snapped off some bluffs). He seems to play pretty well, although he doesnt VB thinly enough IMO. I have yet to catch him making a large, multistreet bluff, although hes made a lot of CBs, 2 barrels, and even c/r river bluffs. All-in-all though, Id say hes on the tight side post flop for a high stakes HU player.

I think everything is pretty standard until the river. Im totally thrown off here by his overbet push. I think that hes a good enough player to be conscious of his image and to know that pushing with 22 and maybe even 99 is probably pretty bad (ie it will be hard for him to be called by worse, and I think he misses a lot of value). But I also have a hard time putting him on any sort of hand range as I would expect him to raise most of his nut/near-nut hands on the turn.

Seat 3: Hero($34,096.50 in chips)
Seat 10: Villain($24,003.50 in chips)
Hero Dealt (QD,9C)

ANTES/BLINDS
Villain posts blind ($50), _NormanChad posts blind ($100).

PRE-FLOP
Villain bets $200, Hero calls $150.

FLOP [board cards: 3S,QS,AC ]
Hero checks, Villain bets $450, Hero calls $450.

TURN [board cards: 3S,QS,AC,9D ]
Hero bets $1,100, Villain calls $1,100.

RIVER [board cards: 3S,QS,AC,9D,QC ]
_Hero bets $3,350, Villain bets $22,203.50 and is all-in, Hero???