View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Police kill Polish man @ Vancouver Airport

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You make it sound as if there is a huge difference between tasering someone and taking them down manually. Yet you yourself were pontificating about the ease at which one can break a human neck.

There is far more likelyhood of injury to both parties with the take down method. Also, the take down often results in having to escalate the situation to batons or tasers anyway.

What would people be saying if a cop was accidentally killed or badly cirppled while taking someone down, when a taser could have been employed instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's way too much exaggeration going on here. Cops physically restrain people all the time. Neck breaking is rarely any part of it, nor is death. Nor crippling of any type, much less "badly."

You're over-extending your argument way beyond reasonableness. There's zero reason to insist that every situation is some sort of life-and-death, all-or-nothing matter. That's not even remotely close to the truth, so it really doesn't belong in this discussion.

I'm starting to think "sharks with lasers" is gonna make an appearance in here somewhere, or that we're overdue for a Hitler remark.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're doing the exaggerating. There have been over 8000 recorded uses of the Taser in Canada since its inception. 16 of those incidents have resulted in death, not necessarily attrituble to the Taser.

Judging by the highly stressed, often drug induced states that the suspects are in, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that 0.2% of incidents using physical force of any kind will result in death.